Field Trip: Banff
The Location: Banff National Park is one of Canada's top travel destinations, and for good reason. With over 20 different lakes within an hours drive, there is no shortage of opportunities to create exceptional content. We have spent countless hours in this park and know exactly where the best spots are for sunset and sunrise, which is also why we slept an average of 3 hours per night on this trip. We put our brands to the test on various backroads and trails and enjoyed every second of it!
The Brands: The trip had four main sponsors that the team focused on: Gregory Packs, Hastings Overland, Sackcloth & Ashes, and The North Face Banff. The content we created all focused on an outdoor adventure lifestyle and folk aesthetic. Photo use included social media, web, and email. We hiked over 50km, drove over 1500km, and visited more than 15 unique shooting locations.
The Team: We brought friends from close to home; explorers ranging from the Fraser Valley to Bowen Island. Our team consisted of 6 influencers with different skill sets and styles and a total reach of 458,000 followers. Roles ranged from cinematic Instagram story creation (@zmelhus), video production (@braedin), and most importantly, camp chef (@ryanmagdanz). It helps to have a team addicted to capturing great moments and telling awesome stories. Our total social impressions created over the week we're approximately 2.5 million.
- The goal of the sponsored content was to increase brand awareness and become advocates for the packs, making Gregory a top of mind brand for consumer purchase decisions
- A sponsored post on trip influencer @itsbigben's Instagram received over 22,000 likes and reached over 250,000 users.
- A sponsored video post on @braedin that received 24,000 views and reached over 150,000 users.
trip highlight video:
- We created a cinematic video showcasing our team hiking over 50km and putting Gregory Packs to the test
- The video received 27,000 views on @braedin and @tothmedia channels
- Video will be featured on the Gregory Instagram and Facebook channels
Daily Instagram Story Video Recaps:
- We created daily cinematic recap videos that were uploaded to everyone's Instagram stories
- Generated over 55,000 views per day, per story
- Stories posted to all team members pages with a total following of 458,000 on Instagram (and growing)
Photo content for web and social:
- A collection of photos were created for the Hastings Overland brand launch
- Images were used on social feeds, web galleries, and blog posts
- The rental was taken on multiple backroads to capture a plethora of unique scences and locations in the Banff and Canmore area
- A Sponsored post on @itsbigben that received 22,027 likes and over 200,000 impressions
- A sponsored post on @Braedin that received 7,426 likes and over 90,000 impressions
- Following our trip, Hastings was booked fully through until the end of 2017
Photo Content for blog series:
- We shot photos for the launch of the Sackcloth & Ashes travel blog featuring team member @Braedin's Banff experience
- Photos featured the blankets at each location we visited with different models and subjects
- A sponsored post on @braedin will be used to help launch the blog post and start the campaign shortly
- Our photo was featured on @roamtheplanet announcing the blog launch
In store meetup:
- We ran a meet up event at the Banff North Face store that attracted other influencers and increased our reach to over 800,000
- Our team produced live stories of the meet up, which attracted customers from the Banff area
- We chatted with customers about hiking and photography and shared stories, creating brand associations between our team and The North Face